[Standards] MIX (XEP-0369) post-summit update to 0.8

Steve Kille steve.kille at isode.com
Mon Feb 13 11:54:28 UTC 2017

This is a quite extensive update following on from the summit.  I've
referenced changes back to the summary message I sent around on the key
agreements made.

Here are the key changes in the PR I have just issued.

1.       Remove Explicit Client Activation and replace with client
capability discovery (summit 3);

2.     Limit Indirect channel access to Join/Leave.   Join and Leave must go
through the user's server to address roster changes.   There  is no need for
other things to do this, and so this is no longer required.

3.       Clarify Server use of Disco of Client;

4.     Add MIX capability information to Roster (summit 10);

5.     MIX as Core Spec, with anticipated additional XEPs  (summit 1);

6.       Clarifications of password control, voice and name/description
(summit 4/5/6)

7.    Removal of Subject and reference the discussed future Sticky Messages
XEP (summit 7);

 8.    Use example JIDs aligned to anticipated BIND2 format.   These are
long!

 9.     Clarify PubSub Node Type transient vs permanent and single item

 10.   Add Error handling section.   This is essentially clarifying that
error service of "the layers" are used, and there is no requirement for MIX
specific errors.

I've also taken time to go over the document, which has fixed a number of
errors and added clarification.

Looking forward to review and comments

Steve