[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Extensible In-Band Registration

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Mon Feb 13 16:33:40 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Evgeny Khramtsov <xramtsov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, I still have a feeling you're copying xep-0050
> functionality, but within nonzas.

I think you just described the entire XMPP handshake; while it would
be nice if there were some reusable components for something like this
(eg. if adhoc commands were a bit more generalized), it's not
something I want to try and fix right now. If there were such a
mechanism, I'm sure many stream features (bind2, sasl2, ibr2, etc.)
would evaluate it for use.

—Sam