[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Extensible In-Band Registration

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Mon Feb 13 17:24:32 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 11:06 AM, Evgeny Khramtsov <xramtsov at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think bind2 and sasl2 are different, because they're supposed to be
> processed by automated software without user interaction. IBR, in
> contrast, requires user interaction and data fields don't need to be
> predefined. I think adhoc commands fit very well here.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you want to use ad-hoc commands for;
the server just sends the user "challenges" (which might be a data
form, a POW function, an out-of-band link to click, etc.) and the user
replies with results. I don't think there's anything to select or any
"command" to execute except the initial "I am selecting the register
stream fetaure".

—Sam