[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Extensible In-Band Registration

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Mon Feb 13 20:17:13 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 2:13 PM, Evgeny Khramtsov <xramtsov at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) A client executes a command
> 2) A server sends a form to fill in (username and password).

Right, this is what I thought you meant at first; in this case the
command would be something like "register" or "recover" or "do sasl
auth" which are stream features. I don't necessarily disagree that it
would be nice to have a reusable thing for this, but redefining how
stream features work is out of the scope of this document. For now,
I'm just going to keep using the existing XMPP handshake; if we want
to rewrite the world to have an XMPP handshake 2.0 that uses adhoc
commands, we can do that separate from this proposal.

—Sam