[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0280 (Message Carbons)

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Thu Feb 16 17:02:48 UTC 2017

* Ruslan N. Marchenko <me at ruff.mobi> [2017-02-13 19:30]:
> >As there was no consensus two years ago, I just added both elements to
> >0280 in https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/382
>
> Thanks for clarification, but then still, why two? if <private/> is still
> required to avoid bump, why not to stick to that? Especially if, as it was
> pointed out in referenced thread - they have different semantic, but XEP
> expects them to provide same outcome within specification/implementation.

As I wrote earlier, the discussion did not lead to a consensus. Adding
both was an attempt to get it moving again, or at least to create a
state with the widest possible compatibility.

My personal stance would be: discard <private/>, reference 334, be done
with it. However, that would probably require a namespace bump.

Georg