[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0280 (Message Carbons)
georg at op-co.de
Thu Feb 16 17:44:49 UTC 2017
* Matthew A. Miller <linuxwolf at outer-planes.net> [2017-02-16 18:31]:
> About the only argument I'm aware of for keeping it is existing
> implementations. If the namespace version bumps, that kind of
> "solves" that problem.
I really don't like bumping, but as this is a privacy-sensitive matter,
I think we really need to do it here.
And while we are at it, I'd also love to introduce some more changes
regarding MUC-PMs, namely how clients and servers should handle them.
has the details, but the TL;DR is:
- servers/MUC services must tag all MUC-related messages
- clients must tag outgoing MUC-PMs as such
- clients must ignore carbons of MUC-PMs from channels they are not
- servers must send Carbons for a specific subset of MUC-related
messages (invitations, 'sent' PMs, not 'received' PMs)
|| http://op-co.de ++ GCS d--(++) s: a C+++ UL+++ !P L+++ !E W+++ N ++
|| gpg: 0x962FD2DE || o? K- w---() O M V? PS+ PE-- Y++ PGP+ t+ 5 R+ ||
|| Ge0rG: euIRCnet || X(+++) tv+ b+(++) DI+++ D- G e++++ h- r++ y? ||
++ IRCnet OFTC OPN ||_________________________________________________||
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 811 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the Standards