[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0280 (Message Carbons)
georg at op-co.de
Wed Feb 22 16:10:46 UTC 2017
* XMPP Extensions Editor <editor at xmpp.org> [2017-02-09 00:07]:
> This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on 2017-02-22.
As outlined in the "Carbon Rules for MUC-PMs" mail, here are two PRs
against 0045 and 0280:
https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/436 "XEP-0045: Add <x/> tag to MUC-PMs"
(the wording might not be perfect yet, but should be clear)
"XEP-0280: Rewrite of the 'Messages Eligible for Carbons Delivery' section":
This PR combines multiple changes, ordered by level of controversy.
- aac8f94 Removal of the `private` element, as +1ed by @linuxwolf in
 - this requires a version bump IMO, as it changes the server
behavior when parsing messages with only the `private` element present.
- f0e432c Improvement of the "Messages Eligible for Carbons Delivery"
section that conveys the same set of rules in less words
- 7f529e1 addition of clear MUC / MUC-PM instructions, as suggested in 
- c60ec80 minor wording correction to accomodiate the above changes
- 9c388a5 controversial change of the "Messages Eligible for Carbons
Delivery" languge from "serves MAY do this" to "servers SHOULD do
this". The language in the old XEP is very vague and non-binding, and
this patch attempts to make clearly defined rules for clear use
cases, so that clients can expect consistent behavior (even though
they may not rely on it).
|| http://op-co.de ++ GCS d--(++) s: a C+++ UL+++ !P L+++ !E W+++ N ++
|| gpg: 0x962FD2DE || o? K- w---() O M V? PS+ PE-- Y++ PGP+ t+ 5 R+ ||
|| Ge0rG: euIRCnet || X(+++) tv+ b+(++) DI+++ D- G e++++ h- r++ y? ||
++ IRCnet OFTC OPN ||_________________________________________________||
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 811 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the Standards