[Standards] [Members] 33C3 talk on Signal and current XMPP issue in providing a similar UX

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Sun Jan 1 22:11:57 UTC 2017

Responding to myself from members@ to standards@, as the latter is
probably more adequate (PS: could we continue on standards@ only?).

* Georg Lukas <georg at op-co.de> [2016-12-30 22:58]:
> Some months ago, I've started brainstorming ideas for "Easy XMPP" -
> improving the UX side, especially with onboarding:
>
> https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Easy_Onboarding
>
> You can find all the different sub-topics linked under:
>
> https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Easy_XMPP

I've created a proof-of-concept JavaScript implementation of the
"share my JID outside of XMPP" concept from
https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Easy_Onboarding#First_Contact

The code is available on GitHub, it will probably be licensed under
WTFPL or MIT, or whatever works best for the community:
https://github.com/ge0rg/easy-xmpp-invitation

Please consider helping me out with the code:

 * cleaning up and structuring the JavaScript code (it's a mess!)
 * CSS (replace 130KB of bootstrap with 1KB of custom CSS)
 * translations into whatever language you feel comfortable with

> I'd love to see more ideas and improvement discussed and added to the
> wiki. One of the results has been PARS (XEP-0379).

Greetings,

Georg