[Standards] XMPP Registrar: Registration policy

Kim Alvefur zash at zash.se
Mon Jan 2 19:07:04 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 02, 2017 at 11:24:21AM -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> In the past, we have added things like service discovery identities without
> updating a spec:

Perhaps a good start would be to document the current way of things?

Then, whatever happens, new editors would have something definitive to
go on.

> A policy of "Specification Required" is somewhat heavy. First Come First
> Served (FCFS) is very lightweight. Something in between is "Expert Review".
> These are all described in RFC 5226 (see also
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis/).

I'm partial to the registries where there are different ranges with
different policy, however this makes more sense when these are integers
of limited range, less so in XMPP where the fields are all strings.

--
Kim "Zash" Alvefur