[Standards] XMPP Registrar: Registration policy

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Mon Jan 2 23:47:28 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 12:05 PM, Tobias Markmann
<tmarkmann at googlemail.com> wrote:
> You created the PR for a reason not? Was the reason invalidated now?

It was something about the XEP-0045 PR recently that sparked it; no
one was clear if the option should be defined in an XEP or just added
to the registry, I think. In my opinion most things probably don't
need an XEP, but things like MUC options probably do (there should be
some normative text describing how the option works, what it does, and
how you use it to prevent confusion and incompatible implementations).

—Sam

--
Sam Whited
pub 4096R/54083AE104EA7AD3