[Standards] 2017-01-04 Council Meeting Minutes

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Wed Jan 4 18:44:24 UTC 2017

First minutes for this year.

Logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/council/2017-01-04/#16:00:11

## Role call
- Tobias
- Daniel
- Sam Whited
- Dave
- Link Mauve

## Minute taker
Daniel and Dave volunteer but Daniel was faster.

## Bio
Tobias again reminds people to update their Bio for the website [1]

## Adding OMEMO to the Compliance Suite

General consensus that it would be nice to have OMEMO on the
compliance suite at some point but Dave points out that we need more
experience with it and Daniel feels like it's not ready and states
that nobody implements the current spec. All implementations are still
on Axolotl instead of Olm.

Sam suggested renaming the current 2016 compliance suite to 2017
compliance suite. Daniel thinks it should keep the 2016 name unless
something major changes.

Link Mauve notes that we should defer the old compliance suites (2010,
2012) and we should move on to standardize the 2016 C.S..

## Voting on SIMS
Proto XEP: https://xmpp.org/about/xmpp-standards-foundation.html

Tobias +1
Link Mauve +1
Daniel +1
Dave +1 (he thinks :-) )
Sam to vote on list

## Date of next
2017-01-11 1600 Zulu works for everyone

## AOB
Link Mauve asks about the status of Jingle XTLS. Nobody seems to know
for sure. Decided that we should figure this out on the list.

Sam will also update his PR on registration policy after feedback from the list

No further AOB

Tobias bangs the gavel and thanks everybody.

cheers
Daniel

[1]: https://xmpp.org/about/xmpp-standards-foundation.html