[Standards] XEP-0384: OMEMO Encryption - Feedbacks and proposals

forenjunkie forenjunkie at chello.at
Fri Jan 6 15:27:27 UTC 2017

Hi,

I see no downside with your proposal, but the upsides are not as plenty
as you described.

1. every client gets notified already if a update to the device list is
made, otherwise OMEMO would not work half of the time

2. there is no code that is added *only* to prevent the race condition,
a device has always be aware of all device ids that are published, and
also has to have the ability to delete the whole device list. So in any
case you need code that sees if your own device id is not in the list
anymore, and can add itself to the devicelist again. this code is
additionally also what prevents the race condition. I dont know if its
easier to just overwrite the list like we do now, or delete all items of
a node.

It still maybe a cleaner implementation, im not very knowledgeable on
pupsub/pep.