[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0322 (Efficient XML Interchange (EXI) Format)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Fri Jan 6 16:00:29 UTC 2017

Old thread alert!

On 10/8/14 10:33 AM, XMPP Extensions Editor wrote:
> This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on XEP-0322 (Efficient XML Interchange (EXI) Format).
>
> Abstract: This specification describes how EXI compression can be used in XMPP networks.

> This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on 2014-10-21.
>
> Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send your feedback to the standards at xmpp.org discussion list:
>
> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack or to clarify an existing protocol?
> 2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction and requirements?
> 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why not?
>
> Your feedback is appreciated!

I noticed substantive spec and security feedback in October 2014 from
several list participants. However, as far as I can see, that feedback
has not been addressed by the authors.

As part of my review of all the IoT specs, I would like to provide
feedback on XEP-0322, but it seems like wasted effort if the spec hasn't
been updated since the previous last call.

Yusuke & Peter, do you plan to update XEP-0322 or do you need a
co-author to help finish this off?