[Standards] XEP-0369 (MIX) and sorting out co-existence of MUC and MIX on a single domain

Steve Kille steve.kille at isode.com
Wed Jan 11 08:33:21 UTC 2017

What about using Entity Capabilities to establish whether the client should receive MIX or MUC stanzas and syntax? I know that it's mandatory for every client to announce its caps but in such case the server could failover to default mode. I don't know unfortunately if all major clients include their version in initial presence...

[Steve Kille]

I don’t think this is needed as Presence and Message formats are compatible.

MIX messages are sent to the User’s Server (MIX Proxy) and so this keeps things separate anyhow

Steve