[Standards] Easy XMPP

Evgeny Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 16:56:22 UTC 2017

Mon, 16 Jan 2017 09:28:41 -0700
Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:

> Thus I repeat the question: what are we doing here?

As I understand: the guys here want to get more people involved into
XMPP network, because they have virtually nobody to talk with :) Most of
the time they are forced to use Whatsapp and they don't like it, LOL.
But I'm surprised folks on the list started to understand that XMPP
software sucks, that's really a progress over 15+ years :)

I personally don't use jabber to communicate with people beyond my job.
I just don't have a decent jabber client which can be somehow compared
with what I'm using: Whatsapp, Viber and Skype. While I of course can
ask my friends to install XMPP software (they already have 100+ IM
clients on their phones, so who cares), I myself don't want to use
shitty software just because it's decentralized/secure/etc.