[Standards] Easy XMPP

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Mon Jan 16 18:55:42 UTC 2017

 Evgeny Khramtsov <xramtsov at gmail.com>:
> Well, my company (ProcessOne) has been doing this since 2002 or so. We
> are trying to convince customers that XMPP is a worthy technology, but
> it is becoming harder and harder to do.

Actually, I see xmpp as a possible solution here for multiple reasons.

There is a hype about Slack right now, but Slack is rather expensive. If we could provide a similar UX in top of self-hosted XMPP, that would be a good selling point.

Furthermore, big companies are often bound by compliance requirements (archival duties, on site storage, etc). This is another selling point.

IMHO all we need here is a server package / consultancy to roll out the implementation, a usable set of clients for mobile, desktop and the web, and a compelling 2FA authentication mechanism.

Georg
--
+++ Sent from Mobile +++ https://op-co.de/ +++