[Standards] Easy XMPP

Guus der Kinderen guus.der.kinderen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 19:33:59 UTC 2017

What I am doing here, first, and foremost, is having fun. Having gotten
that out of the way: the discussion so far revolves around the use-case of
a single user, wanting to do IM with friends. Undoubtedly that's an
important part of the ecosystem (on which we can and should improve) but
I've seen much value in XMPP in other settings too. XMPP offers a mature
ecosystem in which to develop custom data-exchange driven systems, even
when those are not oriented to instant messaging.