[Standards] [xsf/xeps] Defers many old XEPs (#372)

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Wed Jan 18 15:23:21 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 4:43 AM, Peter Waher <peterwaher at hotmail.com> wrote:
> As you know, some of these have actually been touched on more recently, but the editorial team chose not to accept the edits, after waiting several months. You yourself chose not to accept the edits, because you thought it was too complicated to have changes made in multiple XEPs in a single PR.

Hi Peter,

Sorry if there was some confusion, but the issue with your PR wasn't
that multiple files were in one commit (that's fine), it was that the
diff was too big and multiple changes were broken up and mixed
together over many commits that didn't have any clear distinction
about what was in them. It was too much effort to review and merge the
changes as submitted.

While email is fine, Git is the preferred way to submit changes; this
does mean learning a bit of Git, and while I try not to be too picky
about it, it requires learning some best practices as well. A single
patch by email that was the size of the changes you submitted would
probably be equally difficult to review, and isn't likely to encourage
people to get it merged quickly. Small, self-contained, logical
changes are much more likely to get accepted.

Thanks for being willing to work with us on this!

—Sam