[Standards] 2017 Compliance Suites

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Wed Jan 18 18:36:33 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 12:15 PM, Goffi <goffi at goffi.org> wrote:
> the idea is not new, but it would be very nice to have "profiles" for
> compliance suites.

Hi Goffi,

The current compliance suites actually do this for Core, Web, IM, and
Mobile: https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0375.html

> Today there is nothing for file transfer or video (actually
> it could be a new section in the current XEP), and I would love to see Jingle
> mentioned somewhere.

I think file transfer would make sense in the IM suite; thanks, I'll
look into adding this!

Video in my mind would be its own suite. I'd also like to see
something from the new IoT SIG. Either of these things just needs
someone who knows something about video or IoT to do it!

—Sam