[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Bind 2.0

Michal Piotrowski michal.piotrowski at erlang-solutions.com
Thu Jan 19 10:37:11 UTC 2017

Few more question, just to be on the same page:

>Work out which contacts have unread messages in the user's MAM archive,
how many, and what the id of the last read message is

1. I assume the ids are the same as in MAM and can be later used to query
MAM. Am I right?
2. What exactly do we understand by "contact" here? An item in user's
roster or maybe just a unique JID from the whole archive. I worked with
systems where there were no roster (not in XMPP world) but still there was
MAM. Also a contact doesn't have to be in user's roster to be able to chat
with it and still the user may want to have information about unread
messages for such a contact.

Best regards
Michal Piotrowski
michal.piotrowski at erlang-solutions.com