[Standards] MIX use of type=groupchat?

Evgeny Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 08:33:20 UTC 2017

Mon, 23 Jan 2017 08:14:55 -0000
"Steve Kille" <steve.kille at isode.com> wrote:

> I think what we are doing with MIX is also elegant.

And ad-hoc access model is very elegant for sure. Why is it needed by
the way? Because pubsub's access model is not elegant enough? :)

> I think that a MIX goal is to use PubSub "as is"

No, at least pubsub's access model is not used. Also, a MIX server
software should be able to access and parse pubsub's data (participants
node as an example). To do this you need to keep the node's data
structure inside a MIX server in order to do lookups more efficient (for
example, to find a participant by nick). I don't really see this as "as
is".