[Standards] Syntax Highlighting in XEPs

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Sat Jan 28 16:37:11 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Tobias M <tmarkmann at googlemail.com> wrote:
> You could have:
>
>  <protocol-example caption='Focus updates payload information for a
> channel’>
> <send-example>
>         <![CDATA[
> <iq to='garden.montague.lit' from='romeo at montague.lit/orchard'
>           type='set' id='74s'>
>>       </iq>]]>
> </send-example>
> </protocol-example>

I hadn't considered making that part of the format; I'll play around
with that, thanks.

Personally though, I'm not a big fan of our XEP format, and already
think it's too hard to learn (as far as I know there's no
documentation for "what can I actually do?" if you don't want to read
the XSLT… and who would?). So maybe it's best not to add even more
hidden features. Either way, I'll experiment with it and let you know
what I come up with.

—Sam