[Standards] 2017 Compliance Suites

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Sun Jan 29 00:14:37 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 5:23 AM, Georg Lukas <georg at op-co.de> wrote:
> I'm curious why we don't just rename XEP-0375 from 2016 to 2017? That
> would reduce the number of deprecated XEPs and implementer confusion.

I'm not sure; I originally submitted an update changing all the dates
to 2017, but was asked to submit a new one. I don't recall what the
reasoning was, but as the old one will be retracted and superseded
properly I don't think it will be confusing.

> 1. I'd suggest removing 0313 from IM "Outbound Message Synchronization",
> as 0313 it doesn't fit that use case, and is already covered by "History
> Storage / Retrieval" (advanced client).

Wilco.

> 2. I wonder if we could move "User Avatars" from "core" to "advanced"
> client feature.

It seems like a pretty basic feature to me; why advanced?

> 3. Please don't forget to improve the wording of the XEP according to
> the discussion from last August:
> https://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2016-August/031312.html

I'll go catch back up on this; thanks.

—Sam