[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0368 (SRV records for XMPP over TLS)

Travis Burtrum travis at burtrum.org
Mon Jan 30 17:31:53 UTC 2017

On 01/28/2017 01:21 PM, Evgeny Khramtsov wrote:
> I think the sentence:
>
>> ALPN (RFC 7301) requires registration of the new Protocol IDs,
>> 'xmpp-client' and 'xmpp-server', specified in this document
>
> is incorrect, because 'xmpp-client' and 'xmpp-server' are not Protocol
> IDs, but "Identification Sequences" in RFC7301 terminology.

The registry I linked to:

https://www.iana.org/assignments/tls-extensiontype-values/tls-extensiontype-values.xhtml#alpn-protocol-ids

Is a registry of "Application-Layer Protocol Negotiation (ALPN) Protocol
IDs" so I think it makes sense to leave that sentence that way.

I agree spelling them out like that with their explicit Identification
Sequence is a good idea though.