[Standards] XEP-0223: Clarification

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Fri Jun 2 08:19:38 UTC 2017

On 2 June 2017 at 09:14, Daniel Gultsch <daniel at gultsch.de> wrote:
>> So you want the outcome to be:
>>
>> a) The publish option is known to the server, in which case it is
>> treated as a precondition or override as given in the registry.
>> b) The publish option is not known to the server, in which case the
>> publish is rejected.
>>
>> Does that seem about right?
>
> I didn't take that as an agreement. I thought it was just a
> clarification regarding my question.

Ah, sorry, I wasn't clear enough. Yes, that was a proposal that i
thought matched your aims.

> But if it was indeed an agreement (and nobody else objects) I guess I
> can write up a paragraph for XEP-0060.

I think that's the ideal first step, yes.

I would be curious to explore if it would be worthwhile extracting
publish options out into a distinct XEP; this would perhaps depend on
whether we were going to have to add a feature for this new?
behaviour.

Dave.