[Standards] XEP-0223: Clarification

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Fri Jun 2 09:24:10 UTC 2017

> I agree this is the only sane behaviour. I'm not sure what existing
> servers actually do, though.

Prosody and Ejabberd don't advertise that feature at all. Regarding
OpenFire you might have better insight than I do.
My point however is that if we can agree that this was plan for
#publish-options all along then we don't need a new feature for this
as implementations which are not behaving like this are wrong.

I would like to be done with the new feature or existing feature
discussion before I put the work in to create a PR.