[Standards] Encrypted Jingle File Transfer

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Tue Jun 6 14:36:40 UTC 2017

Le dimanche 4 juin 2017, 15:01:45 CEST Vanitas Vitae a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> As part of my GSoC project I'd like to think of a way to enable
> end-to-end encrypted Jingle file transfer. [...]

Hi,

really nice to see somebody working on that. I haven't read your stuff in
details yet (running out of time right now), but may I suggest that you have a
look a security preconditions (https://xmpp.org/extensions/
xep-0166.html#preconditions) which is exactly there for encryption.

I would like that we avoid something tied to File Transfert, so we can use
encryption with any application (or transport), and for this we need to have
encryption layer between application and transport.

Please keep us up to date on this list, I would follow your work.

Thanks and good luck
Goffi