[Standards] XEP Authors

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Fri Jun 9 14:42:32 UTC 2017

On 6/9/17 8:13 AM, Dave Cridland wrote:
> On 9 June 2017 at 14:35, Kevin Smith <kevin.smith at isode.com> wrote:
>> I like the contributors idea. It avoids the “Someone submitting a one-off significant patch, so should be added do Authors even though they’ll never do anything again” issue that we sometimes see.
>
> I also like contributors, but I also worry that there might be
> resistance toward demoting (or being demoted).
>
> But it seems a sensible option to put on the table.

BTW, the IETF uses the term "Contributors" because of some related
terminology in their IPR policies. There's no reason we necessarily need
to follow them in that regard.

As to demotion, if you're not paying enough attention to know what's
happening with a spec you helped author ten years ago, you're also
probably not paying enough attention to realize you're being "demoted".