[Standards] XEP Authors

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Fri Jun 9 14:58:39 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:
> I'm considering advising Board that we should address this by
> instituting a policy whereby changes to XEPs result in all listed
> authors being notified (a PR will do, I imagine), and those who do not
> respond within a reasonable time (hand-wave, hand-wave) must be
> de-listed and moved to a "Previous Authors" section of the XEP.

Legal concerns that I don't understand aside, this sounds sensible to
me. However, I'm concerned that it will be yet another task for the
editor to manually perform. I already still have a lot of trouble
dealing with XEPs (apologies for being behind again; I've been
reluctant to get back to publishing them lately), so I'd like to not
add yet another email or manual step that has to be performed or more
wait time between submission and publishing.

If we can automate this it would be good.

—Sam