[Standards] XEP-0369 (MIX): Early stages of a clients connection

Steve Kille steve.kille at isode.com
Tue Jun 13 16:08:00 UTC 2017

Jonas, Georg, Dave,

I've just made changes for MIX 0.9.3,  in which I have attempted to address the three issues raised here.   The approaches are simple and have not added a lot of text.

I have also made two small protocol changes, in line with discussion on the list.

Thanks for the input, and in particular for Jonas writing it up.

The changes are available on Github:
  https://github.com/stevekille/xeps/tree/MIX

I have not pushed as a PR because of namespace numbering.      It seems likely that if a change is pushed every time we make a protocol tweak, there is going to be a serious problem of namespace number proliferation.

I think the options are:

1.  Keep changes on a working branch and defer pushing.    This gives less visibility of work in progress.

2.  Push and increment namespace.   Problem noted above.

3.  Push the PR and leave version number on mix:0.    I think this may be the pragmatic solution,  provided it does not cause a problem for those coding.

Let me know

Steve