[Standards] Encrypted Jingle File Transfer

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Thu Jun 15 06:39:43 UTC 2017

> On 6 Jun 2017, at 13:02, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:
>
> it might well be worth looking at XEP-0200 for full-stanza encryption

Yeah, makes sense. Something like xmlenc gives you precise control over which parts you encrypt, but we probably don't need (or even want) that. This way, clients just need to decide whether to encrypt, not what.

I do think this belongs in the OMEMO XEP (and that the OMEMO XEP needs to change to generic stanza encryption instead of just 'message body'), such that this XEP only has to focus on defining encryption of the data stream.

Remko