[Standards] Dealing with the choice to have a different MIX roster format

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Thu Jun 15 15:26:09 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 10:15 AM, Florian Schmaus <flo at geekplace.eu> wrote:
> Like when? Most, if not all, things in XMPP are context sensitive, and
> we already re-use the same element in different contexts in XEPs.

Can you give an example? I don't think this is true; remember that
elements are qualified by the local part of their name and the
namespace, so <x xmlns="test"> is not the same element as <x
xmlns="example">, you don't have to look at context to tell them
apart, you have to consider the full name. Maybe I'm just
misunderstanding what you mean by "context"; please post an example
for clarity.

Thanks!

—Sam