[Standards] Dealing with the choice to have a different MIX roster format

Jonas Wielicki jonas at wielicki.name
Thu Jun 15 20:17:35 UTC 2017

On Donnerstag, 15. Juni 2017 20:44:33 CEST Steve Kille wrote:
> This element is NOT going to be called <mix/>.
>
> I'm happy to call it something other than <mix-info-request/> although I
> think this is a fine choice

There is no need to include mix in the local-name (the namespace already makes
it clear that it is about MIX), so there are some nice short options:

<iq from='juliet at example.com/balcony'
          id='bv1bs71f'
          type='get'>
       <query xmlns='jabber:iq:roster'>
         <joined xmlns='urn:xmpp:mix:0'/>
       </query>
</iq>

(Or maybe 'roster' or 'include-joined' or 'subscribed' instead of 'joined'.)

Another solution without much bikeshedding on the local-name would be to use a
sub-namespace (as done e.g. in PubSub):

<iq from='juliet at example.com/balcony'
          id='bv1bs71f'
          type='get'>