[Standards] length of time in ProtoXEP state

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Jun 21 14:53:31 UTC 2017

The OMEMO saga (of which I am only a distant observer) raises a more
general issue: leaving a specification in the ProtoXEP state for way too
long. I have always been an advocate of accepting a proposal for XEP
publication as quickly as possible, in part to avoid this kind of limbo.
Indeed, in the early days acceptance for publication was handled by the
XEP Editor and the Council wasn't involved at all. Although I was never
sure what problems Council involvement was designed to avoid, it sure
seems to have caused new problems.

http://stpeter.im/