[Standards] length of time in ProtoXEP state

Holger Weiß holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 21 16:31:36 UTC 2017

* Kevin Smith <kevin.smith at isode.com> [2017-06-21 16:59]:
> It's a complicated issue, and it's not clear to me that we're being
> particularly stupid,

It might not be clear what exactly needs to be changed to improve the
standardization process.  But I think it's very obvious that the result
of the current process is poor.

> although clearly there's room for refinement in anything.

Assume a client author new to XMPP looks at https://xmpp.org/extensions/
to find out how to implement a few basic IM features; such as avatars,
file sharing, blocking of spammers, and MUC bookmarks.  I don't think
applying a some minor "refinements" will suffice to address the problems
this author will run into.

Holger