[Standards] OMEMO Discussion Summary 2017

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Wed Jun 21 17:03:33 UTC 2017

> I think the meaning of that compromise is overstated.
> The main reason for doing this is that we have a stable version which
> can be addressed and linked to (old versions are archived) while
> development of the XEP continues. The consensus has been that people
> want to make OMEMO into something that goes far beyond what it is now.
> That's fine. But this will take time. And it will also invalidate the
> audit. That why I want - during the ongoing development of the XEP - a
> note on top of the XEP that says. 'Hey you might have heard that OMEMO
> got audited and widely implemented. But that's only true for version
> 0.3 (insert link here). We are actively working on making this XEP
> even more awesome (see below) but if you are looking for the audited
> and widely implemented version look at version 0.3'

Forgot to mention this: The alternative would be not to link the
warning to a version in the attic but to link to a XEP hosted on my
personal webspace. I'm already hosting a version here:
https://conversations.im/omemo/xep-omemo.html

I'm open to comments on whether people think hosting it in the attic
or on my own web space is the better idea here.

cheers
Daniel