[Standards] OMEMO Discussion Summary 2017

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Wed Jun 21 17:06:08 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 12:03 PM, Daniel Gultsch <daniel at gultsch.de> wrote:
> I'm open to comments on whether people think hosting it in the attic
> or on my own web space is the better idea here.

I certainly think it would be better to have it somewhere "official"
(in the XSF's webspace).

I do not see anyone as trying to stop the XEP from advancing; this was
a compromise proposal for as reason: there are two different
advancements to the XEP that people want to see, in the meantime it
would be helpful if people weren't confused about what is currently
implemented. It's hard to move on when you're not sure what the
current state of the world is, so let's bring it back in sync with
reality then decide which way it should go in the future.

—Sam