[Standards] XEP-0223: Clarification

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Thu Jun 22 20:02:26 UTC 2017

If you take a look at example 13 of XEP-0357 there is a
publish-options form field called secret which probably counts as an
example of 'meta-data'.
https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0357.html
If that XEP wouldn't register that form field a pub service that
advertises publish-options would reject it. (Nobody forces the App
server to do in fact advertise publish-options. And tbh honest it is
highly questionable why push notifications even use pubsub syntax but
that's a discussion for another day)