[Standards] OMEMO Discussion Summary 2017

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Sat Jun 24 15:20:26 UTC 2017

On 22 June 2017 at 09:48, Daniel Gultsch <daniel at gultsch.de> wrote:

> Questions for OMEMO-NEXT for the new author to collect feedback on.
> (Each of them deserves it's own thread)

Another category of questions that I think need to be added to that list is
around
key exchange and trust, bearing usability in mind:

- How are keys validated (i.e. what's the fingerprint? Is there a
fingerprint per
contact, or per conversation (like what Signal does)? What in the case of
multiple
  devices?).
- Recommendation of trust models (e.g. TOFU)
- Are there extensions needed to make adding new devices more usable
  (e.g. cross-signing of own keys to not break the TOFU model when a new
  device is added for the same JID).

Remko