[Standards] OMEMO and Olm

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Thu May 18 20:35:41 UTC 2017

Hi Andrey,

My 2 cents:

- Clarifications (like [2] and [3]) sound sensible. There's a lot that
needs better wording, clarification, disambiguation, and rationale. I think
this is something that should probably be done as the dust settles on the
technical details of the XEP.
- For [4]: I added some rough specification of signing and verifying keys
in PR #463. Can always be made clearer, but at this point, I just wanted
the technical chalk lines set on paper so they can be discussed further.
-  For [5] (brought up by Germán Máquez Mejía): Things like 'trial and
error' sound like a bad idea if they can be avoided, especially in a spec
around encryption. I addressed this by adding the recipient JID in the key
elements in PR #463, which guarantees the keys are collision-free (as
device IDs are guaranteed to be unique per JID).

thanks,
Remko