[Standards] Council Minutes 2017-05-24

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Wed May 24 16:46:59 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Daniel Gultsch <daniel at gultsch.de> wrote:
> Side note: We also have *a lot* of XEPs which are inactive for way
> more than 6 month where there is no activity whatsoever. No questions,
> no discussions, no implementations. Are we just going to defer them?
> Or is the 6 month of inactivity timer only invoked after the first
> feedback?

These should be "automatically" (it's manual, but doesn't require
approval) deferred after however many months (I think it's actually
12) without an update. I tried to clean up all the ones I saw that
hadn't been deferred in years past recently, but I most likely missed
some and more might have hit the threshold since I haven't been able
to edit.

Deferred isn't a bad thing necessarily; it just means it's time to be
cleaned up because there hasn't been any adoption, or it's time for
the council to consider moving it forward because it's adopted and
changes aren't needed.

—Sam