[Standards] Push. Was Re: Council Minutes 2017-05-24

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Wed May 24 19:34:50 UTC 2017

https://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2016-February/030925.html

The follow up message from Holger (Timeout only starts after first
push-worthy stanza) is also important.

We also came to the conclusion that it is desirable to actively close
the TCP connection if an <r/> from the server remains unanswered after
~30 seconds or so. This is due to some platforms (read Android) not
allowing us to properly close the connection ourself. (But this is
probably a business rule for SM and not for Push). It also handled in
that module.

Both the prosody module as well as the unpublished ejabberd follow
those business rules.

cheers
Daniel