[Standards] OMEMO and Olm

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Wed May 24 21:09:42 UTC 2017

Hi,

thank you Andy for writing all that up.

> All that said, maybe my assessment of the situation is totally off. If the
> wider community still wants to move forward with this, then I don't want to
> be the only one standing in the way. But in that case, somebody else should
> probably take over.

I'm really not sure where the myth originates from that there is a
consensus around Remko's proposal.
The main argument for the Olm approach is the missing XEdDSA
implementation and that is - as Andy explains - blown completely out
of proportion.

I want to stress that me not repeating the same arguments over and
over again does not mean I agree with Remkos proposal.

cheers
Daniel