[Standards] OMEMO and Olm

Florian Schmaus flo at geekplace.eu
Thu May 25 09:22:43 UTC 2017

On 25.05.2017 11:04, Kevin Smith wrote:
> On 25 May 2017, at 10:01, Florian Schmaus <flo at geekplace.eu> wrote:

>>> I think Smack, while legally in order, is in trouble here.
>>
>> Thanks Dave, but Remko's statement reads like *every* OMEMO
>> implementation based on libsignal is legally not in order.
>
> It seems to me fairly unambiguous that “At least one” isn’t equal to “every” (except in the case where there is only one).

He doubts that at least one of them *won't* have to do some work to get
rid of libsignal and become legally in order.

Which in turn means that he thinks every implementation has to do some
work to become legally in order.

But maybe I misinterpret that sentence. It doesn't really matter as long
as we agree that *every* OMEMO implementation using libsignal which
follows the licensing terms is legally in order. :)

- Florian