[Standards] XEP-0223: Clarification

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Thu May 25 11:16:59 UTC 2017

Small clarification on my own wording:

> - If a certain form field is registered with the registry [1] all
> server implementations MUST behave according to the specification in
> [1].

This should read:
If a certain form field is registered with the registry [1] AND the
pubsub services announces #publish-options as a feature all server
implementations MUST behave according to the specification in [1].

The reason I want this to be cleared up either on this list or even
better in section 7.1.5 of XEP-0060 is that this has the potential to
save me a lot of round trips when regularly publishing items to pubsub
nodes with a specific access model.
Without it I would have to explicitly configure the node every time
before I post an item. On the other hand if my assumptions are correct
I can publish items on a whim, having the server reject the
publication if the access model doesn't match and only in that
(probably rare case) configure the node and republish the item.

- Daniel