[Standards] [Council] 2017-05-17 Council Meeting Minutes

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Fri May 26 08:17:59 UTC 2017

On 24 May 2017, at 14:48, Tobias Markmann <tmarkmann at googlemail.com> wrote:
> ## XSF Editor infrastructure state
>
> Tobias asks Sam (with his editor hat on) about the current state of XSF Editor infrastructure and their ability to publish and otherwise process XEP changes. Without this ability it makes little sense to the XMPP Council to vote on new XEPs.
>
> Sam is unclear about the current state and though it was not working yet, while Kev saying in the morning that it was and that he's working on automating some processes.

To publish new XEPs the Editors simply have to commit the new versions, and then drop me (or others on iteam) a mail asking for the container to be redeployed. I believe some of the Editor scripts that send email might need adjusting, but from an iteam-deploying-XEPs-to-the-website point of view everything of which I’m aware is working (I have tested deploying stuff and it seems ok - the only current wibble is that the website itself doesn’t correctly list XEP versions on the index; I’m hoping to look at this soon).

> * Dave joins *
>
> Sam and Dave think it still involves manual steps.

It does, as it has always done.

> We decide to hold off further XMPP Council actions for the XSF Editor as it would just queue up actions without visible results.

I don’t see any reason to do this, we’re able to publish XEP updates just fine.

/K