[Standards] NEW: XEP-0390 (Entity Capabilities 2.0)

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Sat May 27 08:22:27 UTC 2017

> Fri, 26 May 2017 18:41:17 +0200
> Daniel Gultsch <daniel at gultsch.de> wrote:
>
>> would sending in presence work?
>
> If we choose to use presences, then why even bother with putting caps in
> features?

Fair question. Maybe to avoid a race condition where the client
queries the disco node before receiving the presence?

> If we choose to use stream elements, we can send <caps/> nonza. I think
> there should be some consistency.

This will require some signaling from the client that it is able to
parse those nonzas. Otherwise some clients might break if they
suddenly receive unknown stanzas?
But this signaling could be done with a caps feature? (The server does
have the clients feature list anyway, right?)

cheers
Daniel