[Standards] NEW: XEP-0390 (Entity Capabilities 2.0)

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Sat May 27 09:39:28 UTC 2017

Hi,

> Any other ideas?

Let's take a step back and not go nonza-crazy here. If presence is no
good for various reasons how about a headline message?

By the way since we are discussing this anyway I'd like CAPS to work
for disco items as well. Not hash the items themselves (that maybe in
a later step) but the features of the items.
On an initial connect I'm querying all items for their features and I
would like to avoid this because this is really expensive.
I imagine an <item> element of disco#items could just have a caps child.

At that point a headline message to communicate a changed hash will
make even more sense (routeable) because direct items of the server
could send that message as well. (with their jid as the sender)

cheers
Daniel