[Standards] NEW: XEP-0390 (Entity Capabilities 2.0)

Jonas Wielicki jonas at wielicki.name
Sat May 27 12:24:10 UTC 2017

On Samstag, 27. Mai 2017 14:55:49 CEST Evgeny Khramtsov wrote:
> Sat, 27 May 2017 12:28:09 +0200
>
> Jonas Wielicki <jonas at wielicki.name> wrote:
> > The server knows (the same set of JIDs to whom it sends its own CAPS
> > updates).
>
> 1) Which server? Are we talking about local services only?

I assumed Daniel was talking about disco#items of the local server, so only
local services.

> 2) How a component will receive the list? It can be a connected
> component written in a different language.

The component would simply send the <message/> to the server it is connected
to.

> 3) Do we need to broadcast from all services to all users?

The server would re-broadcast the caps from all services supporting the
protocol to all users which requested it.

Note: I have no idea how and if components can announce features.

kind regards,
jonas