[Standards] NEW: XEP-0390 (Entity Capabilities 2.0)

Emmanuel Gil Peyrot linkmauve at linkmauve.fr
Sat May 27 14:19:11 UTC 2017

Hello,

Another issue shared with its predecessor XEP-0115 is that xml:lang on
identity is quite loosely defined.  In Example 1[0] there is no
@xml:lang explicitly defined anywhere so its value is "", but it could
have been defined on the stanza, or even on the stream opening, and in
both cases it would change the caps hash.  I don’t know any XEP-0115
implementation handling that correctly.

It seems sensible to me to add a reminder note in XEP-0390 that the
xml:lang language is always inherited if it wasn’t defined explicitly
on the identity element.

Thanks,

[0] https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0390.html#algorithm-example-simple

--